It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

mismatching account ids in lambda update through bitbucket pipelines

Hi,

I have my own IAM user which Ive used to access my bosses AWS for creating API Gateways and Lambdas.  I set up a bitbucket pipeline to update the lambda everytime I update the bitbucket repo.
I entered my IAM user's access key, secret access key and region into pipeline variables.

When the pipeline attempts to update the Lambda I get an error like

```
An error occurred (ResourceNotFoundException) when calling the UpdateFunctionCode operation: Function not found: arn:aws:lambda:us-east-2:{iamuseraccountidnumber}:function:my-lambda

Failed to update Lambda function code.
```

Where {iamuseraccountidnumber} is the account number in my IAM user's arn.
It doesnt not find the lambda because I created it in my bosses account so the account id in the arn it attempts to connect to is not the same.

What do I need to update to change which account id is filled in in the generated arn?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

It was as simple as using the access key/secret access for my IAM user in the host account

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket Pipelines

What We Learned When We Researched Open Source Vulnerabilities in 7 Popular Coding Languages

...hey are a part of us, shaping how we interact with the world around us. The same holds true for programming languages when we think about how different kinds of vulnerabilities raise their heads in t...

1,041 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you