Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my deployment fail after extended period of time

ross_rawlins October 20, 2021

If I run my build and deploy to my environments immediately the deployments work as normal. But if I deploy to one environment and then try to deploy a week later the deployment fails with.

/bin/sh: ts-node: not found

This leads me to believe that the environment is cleared after a certain period of time.

1. Is this in the documents? Where?
  2. Can it be extended?
  3. If the top two questions are not the solution what is?

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2021

Hi @ross_rawlins,

Are you referring to the deployment environments which are specified in a Bitbucket repo's Repository settings > Deployments? I don't believe that we're deleting anything that you configure there, but I'm not sure if anything is removed on the servers where you are deploying.

It's also a bit difficult to say what is happening without some additional info, like
- how are you doing the deployments, what commands are executed in the yaml file
- what is the full output of these commands

Would you feel comfortable sharing this additional info here?

Kind regards,
Theodora

ross_rawlins October 25, 2021

Hey Theo

I discovered its got to do with the dependency cache that automatically gets cleared after 7 days but my release process is longer than that so it would be a month before we deploy that build. 

Do you know if you can extend that cache period?

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2021

Hi Ross,

I'm afraid that it is not possible to configure the time that cache is stored at the moment. Since caches are temporary, the builds should be configured to work whether or not the cache is present.

We have a feature request in our issue tracker to allow configuration of the expiry date for caches:

I would suggest adding your vote in that feature request (by selecting the Vote for this issue link) as the number of votes helps the development team and product managers better understand the demand for new features. You are more than welcome to leave any feedback with your use case, and you can also add yourself as a watcher (by selecting the Start watching this issue link) if you'd like to get notified via email on updates.

Implementation of new features is done as per our policy here and any updates will be posted in the feature request.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

ross_rawlins October 26, 2021

Thanks. I inherited the build so I wouldnt know how to make it run with out the dependencies, 

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
October 27, 2021

Hi Ross,

I didn't mean that the builds should run without the dependencies. If dependencies are needed, there should be a command in the script in your yml file that downloads them and possibly a file in the repo that specifies these dependencies. If a cache is present, the dependencies won't get downloaded again. However, if there is no cache, the dependencies will then be downloaded.

The way to do that depends on what language tools you use. If you did not create the repo and build yourself, I think it's best to reach out to the person who did and ask for info on what dependencies are needed and how they can be downloaded with the language tools you use.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events