Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do caches show up?

Joshua von Damm May 6, 2021

So I have a cache that I created in pipeline1 made to setup the cache which I then use in pipeline2. This cache called "bin" is cached from the root directory in pipeline1.

The output of pipeline2 reads: 

pipeline output help.PNG

Next, in one step, I ran a "ls -la" cmd in the root, but the bin folder did not show up. That step has the line "cache: - bin", so I know it is included.

Is there a reason it is not showing up?

And when trying to access this cache, does it need something other than "cd"?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Halyna Berezovska
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2021

@Joshua von Damm cache feature is embedded, but it works automatically, so it is supposed , that you should not cd to it or ls manually.

Anyway, caches are lying in the appropariate directory where appropriate app, like docker, would create a cache. Look at the doc, table in the section Pre-defined caches

https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/cache-dependencies/

Regards, Galyna

Joshua von Damm May 10, 2021

Thanks for the reply! I should have specified that I am using a custom cache, and based on the same article you linked, it should by default be in the root dir.

But I came across a fix that I don't think should have worked.

The fix: 

cache fix.PNG

For whatever reason, adding the $BITBUCKET_CLONE_DIR variable which specifies the root dir fixed the issue. This means that they could be lying about custom caches, and that it doesn't really start at the root dir unless you specifically tell it to. 

Like Halyna Berezovska likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events