• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

What could cause a step to fail without any apparent reason?

I have a PR pipeline that has a single step that runs a bunch of unit tests. This step started failing without any apparent reason i.e. no tests failed or had errors and the pipeline itself is not reporting any errors. What could cause this?

This is at the bottom of the "build teardown" log

build-teardown.png

2 answers

0 votes

Hi @Gunnar Þór Pálsson  and welcome to the community!

We'll need more info to figure out why a certain step fails, like

• the command that fails
  • the output of this command
  • are there any errors/messages in the column left to the Pipelines log for this build

If you want to share the Pipelines log file of such a failed build, after removing any sensitive/private info, I can take a look.

Alternatively, you can open a ticket with the support team (the support ticket will be visible only to you and Atlassian staff). With a support ticket open, the support team will be able to access the build and assist you.

You can open a ticket via https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/. In "What can we help you with?" select "Technical issues and bugs" and then Bitbucket Cloud as product. Please make sure to also give the URL of the build that fails.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Thank you for your response. I've submitted a ticket.

Like Theodora Boudale likes this

As it turned out, the script that was running the tests was returning a non-zero exit code because of an error. The error just got overlooked in a sea of log output that otherwise looked completely normal.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 Favorite Trello templates

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. In this video, I'll share my favorite Trello templates. Templates mentioned in ...

75 views 4 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you