Trigger Azure pipelines from BB pipelines

Harendra Singh April 4, 2019

I want to able to trigger an Azure build from the BB pipelines. This part is easy, just use Azure API to trigger a manual build.

The use case is to defer more expensive tasks until the sanity tests have passed (unit tests, lint tests, etc).

The problem I am facing is that in the PR, it does not detect that build running on Azure.

How does bitbucket detect the builds running on various CI providers? Does the provider have to call a webhook every time the status of build changes (started, failed, succeeded?

This was working with Buildkite. It was able to detect the build started manually.

This does not seem to work with Azure pipelines. When I trigger the build on Azure, it's not reflected in the PR.

Is there anything I can do in Azure to so that BB would show that build. Something like calling a bitbucket API or something else.

PS: If I just enable "continuous integration" on Azure, then while raising a PR, 2 builds starts simultaneously. One on BB pipelines and the other on Azure. My use case if different as described above.

Is this possible? Any help is highly appreciated.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events