Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share containers across steps/pipes

Kunal Gupta October 21, 2020

I have a pipeline setup which successfully builds my docker image using compose, starts the containers using compose, runs tests on it, and then pushes it out to remote repository.

I am now trying to add in another set of tests, the code for which is a completely separate repo on Bitbucket. Initially I tried doing git clone and running the code in the new repo against the local running containers, but kept running into issues of git, ssh, npm not being available in the "image:docker/compose".

What I would like to do is:

step1:
- build image, and start container
step2:
- run tests within the original repo
step3:
- clone in the secondary repo, and run its code against containers from step1
step4:
- push image out

Is this possible? Sharing containers across steps? Or would it be possible using pipes?

1 answer

0 votes
Halyna Berezovska
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2020

@Kunal Gupta looks like you need the test image for you. Look at the doc how to use custom images here https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/use-docker-images-as-build-environments/

Regards, Galyna

Kunal Gupta November 16, 2020

@Halyna Berezovska  I am already using a custom image

image: docker/compose

for steps 1 and 2 (which are currently just 1 combined step to build docker image and run tests).

Are you saying that I use the docker container generated in step1 as in image in the following steps ? Something like

step1: 
- build image
step2:
image: image-from-step-1
- run tests
etc ...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events