Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Please allow an INVALIDATE_CACHE variable

We can allow an INVALIDATE_CACHE repository variable to be set to 'yes' or 'no' to 

- pipe: atlassian/aws-cloudfront-invalidate:0.4.1
    variables:
      AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID: $AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID
      AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY: $AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY
      AWS_DEFAULT_REGION: $AWS_DEFAULT_REGION
      DISTRIBUTION_ID: '123xyz'

manually change it from repo settings.

This would allow conditional execution efficiently in the package.

atlassian/aws-cli image doesn't have all the options from atlassian/default-image (e.g. ssh) so the only solution currently would be to manually install the aws-cli in our script and use it. 

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @nikos_triantafyllou ,

Do you mean add support INVALIDATE_CACHE in the aws-cloudfront-invalidate pipe?

It would be nice if you provide us with more details about your case.

Thank you! 

@Oleksandr Kyrdan 

My case is simple, I want to ssh into a server(currently using ssh-run which works ok) and then invalidating cloudfront cache.

For the aws-cloudfront-invalidate pipe maybe support a custom repository variable in python script to execute the pipe only when set.

It is very common to want to make a deployment without invalidating the cache, so tweeking this variable can be usefull.

Now the only reasonable way to do it is either create a step to use another image i.e. atlassian/aws-cli and run a script to check for the variable value and invalidate cache if set to yes.

Additionally, there is no atlassian image(maybe didn't find one) that has both ssh AND aws-cli without being too large.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

🎨 Add some visual life to your templates

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is Avni Barman, and I am a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. Based on feedback from you, we are giving admins more power to create templates that a...

105 views 1 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you