Pipelines manual build needs git branch

Daryl Stultz May 17, 2017

I am executing Pipelines build manually. It appears the only way to do this is to select a commit and run a pipeline. This leads to a checkout of the commit rather than the branch it is on (if only one). I need to apply the current branch name to assets that are produced. There doesn't seem to be any way to determine the branch as the repo is checked out with a "detached HEAD". The BITBUCKET_BRANCH variable is empty.

Is there (could there be) a way to kick off a manual build from a branch rather than a commit?

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
davina
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2017

Hi Daryl,

The official docs are outdated, but you can actually manually run a pipeline for a branch.

Just navigate to your list of Branches -> click the 3 dots icon -> Run pipeline for a branch

Hope this helps!

Davina

Daryl Stultz May 23, 2017

Ah, thank you. That was difficult to find. I was looking in the upper right of the page after having clicked into the branch. The elipsis of interest appears upon rollover in the list of branches at the right of each row.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events