Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deploy to ECS using Pipes and enable ExecuteCommand

Deleted user September 27, 2021

Hi,

we have a running ECS cluster with a deploy definition in bitbucket and we would be able to connect using ExecuteCommand.

Is it possible to Enable ExecuteCommand during ECS deployment using pipes 

atlassian/aws-ecs-deploy:1.0.0 ?
Thanks a lot

1 answer

0 votes
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 6, 2021

Hi, Roberto! Welcome to the community! 

Could you please give me more details about your business case and some examples, so I can further understand what you are looking for? With this information, I can create a feature request for our dev team to implement this to the pipe. 

Thank you. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

Deleted user October 8, 2021

Hi Caroline,

thanks for replying.

My company is using bitbucket.org as a repository and every time we are committing changes an automatic pipeline (don't know if it is a correct term) run to build and deploy a container image to AWS ECS.

The pipeline is using your atlassian/aws-ecs-deploy:1.0.0 library and it works very good.

The problem is that we want to connect a shell (or run an interactive command) to a running container on AWS ECS cluster; what normally you can do in docker with this command: $ docker container exec -it my_mysql /bin/bash

AWS added a new feature called "--enable-execute-command"; see https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/containers/new-using-amazon-ecs-exec-access-your-containers-fargate-ec2/

ex.: 

$ aws ecs run-task --cluster ecs-exec-demo-cluster --task-definition ecs-exec-demo --network-configuration awsvpcConfiguration="{subnets=[$PUBLIC_SUBNET1, $PUBLIC_SUBNET2],securityGroups=[$ECS_EXEC_DEMO_SG_ID],assignPublicIp=ENABLED}" --enable-execute-command --launch-type FARGATE --tags key=environment,value=production --platform-version '1.4.0' --region $AWS_REGION

I was wondering if it is possible to enable the "--enable-execute-command" feature using your atlassian/aws-ecs-deploy:1.0.0 library.

Thanks a lot.

Kind Regards,

Roberto

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2021

Hi, @[deleted]! 

Thank you for sharing the additional details. I have created a feature request to our dev team as you can see here:

I would suggest that you add your vote there (by selecting the Vote for this issue link) as the number of votes helps the development team and product managers better understand the demand for new features. 

You are more than welcome to leave any feedback, and you can also add yourself as a watcher (by selecting the Start watching this issue link) if you'd like to get notified via email on updates.

Implementation of new features is done as per our policy here and any updates will be posted in the feature request. 

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Caroline

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events