Google App Engine Deploy pipeline problems Java

Andrew Reed July 8, 2019

Hi, in my project, I have added a Google App Engine Deployment script. I have specified the latest version (0.3.1), and get a problem that says that a JRE 7+ is required. I then downgraded the version to 0.3.0 and I seem to get a deployment. However, I have a problem in that even though the build says everything is successful, I cannot get a response from the url that my app is deployed to. Running the appengine:deploy on the exact same code base on my local machine however seems to deploy correctly. No Noticeable differences in the logs between them. Do I need to set the promote and stop_previous_version variables to true?

I am using the Standard App Engine ( not flexible). I have a appengine-web.xml in my project which I have set in the bitbucket pipeline - to src/main/webapp/appengine-web.xml. I am running a spring boot application, and am using Maven.

What should I be looking for as the key difference here?

2 answers

0 votes
Oleksandr Kyrdan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 30, 2019

Hi @Andrew Reed ,

A new version of the pipe atlassian/google-app-engine-deploy:0.4.0 is released.

In the current release, we extend support for deploy Java app.
The pipe includes:

• java -version openjdk version "1.8.0_212"
  • The component [app-engine-java]

In your case, to deploy a Java Spring Boot application you should provide to the pipe

DEPLOYABLES: 'target/appengine-staging/app.yaml'

that available after mvn appengine:stage command.

For example, bitbucket-pipelines.yml can be:

image: atlassian/default-image:2

pipelines:
default:
- step:
name: Deploy Spring Boot app
script:
- pipe: atlassian/google-app-engine-deploy:0.4.0
variables:
KEY_FILE: $KEY_FILE
PROJECT: 'pipes-java-maven-spring-boot'
DEPLOYABLES: 'target/appengine-staging/app.yaml'
VERSION: '${BITBUCKET_BUILD_NUMBER}'
EXTRA_ARGS: '--verbosity=debug'

Also the pipe atlassian/google-app-engine-deploy:0.4.0 includes pre-installed additional components.

Cheers,
Alex

0 votes
Alexander Zhukov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 10, 2019

Hi @Andrew Reed . The support for deploying Java applications to GAE is currently limited. We're working on adding the full support for deploying Java apps in the upcoming versions of the google-app-engine-deploy pipe.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events