Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google App Engine Deploy Pipe: DEADLINE_EXCEEDED Error

tobo04 November 12, 2019

The pipe for Google App Engine Deployment  fails, if the deployment takes more than 10 minutes. 

The Error is:
Failure status: UNKNOWN: Error Response: [4] DEADLINE_EXCEEDED

The default timeout for the deployment is set on 10 minutes. E.g. for the flex environment i use the deployment takes more time. Is there a possibility to increase this time like suggested here: https://medium.com/@erdoganyesil/unknown-error-response-4-deadline-exceeded-2f0ad47b5215

3 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Viktoriia Kozopas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2019

Hi @tobo04 ,
I just wanted to let you know that in a new version of google-app-engine-deploy:0.5.0 pipe a new parameter to set the cloud build timeout was added. Now you can change the default timeout value this way:

script:
  - pipe: atlassian/google-app-engine-deploy:0.5.0
    variables:
      KEY_FILE: $KEY_FILE
      PROJECT: 'my-project'
      CLOUD_BUILD_TIMEOUT: 1000

Please, provide us with feedback about this timeout feature and pipe usage.

tobo04 November 28, 2019

Thank you, I will try it right away

Like Oleksandr Kyrdan likes this
Nicolai Guldager June 14, 2021

This doesn't seem to work anymore

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Zhukov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2019

Hi @tobo04 , unfortunately, it's not currently possible to set the timeout using the pipe. Well try to add this feature in the next pipe release and notify you when it's done (should be available in a couple of days).

0 votes
davidstanton April 8, 2020

hi,  i have a problem with the google cloud storage deploy,  my problem is i have no clue what to use/ how to use the KEY_FILE  ,  do you have some pointers on what this is. how to set it?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events