cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom pipe pointing to bitbucket repository

Deleted user June 10, 2020

Hi, 

I have been following the guide for creating custom pipes. In step 11 it says

There are 2 ways to refer to this pipe in other repositories. In your bitbucket-pipelines.ymlfile you can:

1. refer to the docker image directly  pipe: docker://acct/repo:tag (where acct/repo is the Dockerhub account and repo)
  2. refer to a pipe repo hosted on Bitbucket 
    pipe: <BB_acct>/repo:tag (where BB_acct/repo is your Bitbucket account and pipe repo)This version of the reference looks in your pipe.yml file to find out where to get the image from.

I have been trying to use option 2 but I keep getting the following error in my pipeline:

It looks like you tried to use a pipe in your bitbucket-pipelines.yml that doesn’t exist. Check the name of the pipe and try again.

I thought it was because my repository was private but making it public did not fix the issue. I ensured my pipe.yml file is in the root of the repository, but that didn't fix it either. Here is an example of how I am trying to call it:

- step:
script:
- pipe: my_account/my_repo:1.0

What could be causing the error that I am seeing? Does this only work with Atlassian hosted repositories?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Halyna Berezovska
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 12, 2020

@[deleted]

docker://your_account/repo:tag should also work.

But let's define the root cause.

I see the version 1.0 , but it does not comply Step 10 in the doc or is it just an example?

Anyway check the git tag with the version, that you write in pipeline, exists in your repo.

If you made repo public , could you share it for a while? It will be simpler to define the failure reason

Or you can give me read permissions for repo, if it is still fine for you

Or you can provide more information, such as tags of your repo, docker image existing in hub.docker.com publicly

Regards, Galyna

0 votes
Deleted user June 12, 2020

@Halyna Berezovska 

Thanks for your reply.

It turns out I was being stupid, I forgot to move the tag on my repository so it was pointing to the wrong commit which didn't have the pipe.yml in the root directory. Once I moved the tag it started working. 

Halyna Berezovska
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 12, 2020

@[deleted] It happens, glad if I could help you.

If you want , you can also made your pipe officially available for others (via our pipes page https://bitbucket.org/product/features/pipelines/integrations ) as it is written in the doc! We are happy to new contributors :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events