Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure a pipeline to zip files merged to master and upload only those files to S3

Zachary Wallace August 20, 2019

Hi all, maybe somebody can help me understand either what I am doing wrong or what I am lacking for this.

I'm trying to configure a pipeline so that whenever a file is merged into my master branch(set as "development branch" in the repo settings) via a pull request it is zipped up and uploaded to an AWS S3 bucket. The problem I am running into is that I'm currently using the "atlassian/aws-s3-deploy:0.3.2" pipe with following configuration:

pipelines:
default:
- step:
script:
- pipe: atlassian/aws-s3-deploy:0.3.2
variables:
AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID: ${AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID}
AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY: ${AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY}
AWS_DEFAULT_REGION: ${AWS_REGION}
S3_BUCKET: 'mybucketname'
LOCAL_PATH: '.'

This just overwrites the entire bucket contents whenever any commit is made to the branch; merged via PR or not. Both of those things are bad.

What would a "bitbucket-pipelines.yml" file look like that only ran when code was a merged from an approved PR and zipped up only the files that were modified/created as part of that PR? My research thus far has lead me to a dead end! Any help is appreciated as you can probably tell I am new to bitbucket(and pipelines!), thanks in advance.

2 answers

0 votes
Oleksandr Kyrdan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2019

@Zachary Wallace 

Also,  you can add EXTRA_ARGS: '--exclude=* --include=*.zip' to upload only .zip file into s3.

More details, you can find in the AWS docs Use of Exclude and Include Filters .

Cheers,
Alex

0 votes
Oleksandr Kyrdan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 22, 2019

Hi @Zachary Wallace ,

you can implement branch-workflows in you bitbucket-pipelines.yml.

Cheers,

Alex

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events