It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Cannot add entry to known_host in bitbucket pipelines

Hey, guys,

I recently encoutered a weird problem in bitbucket pipelines

I'm trying to configure sftp deployment to my shared hosting account. The automated fetching in the bitbucket ui isn't giving me result.

I assume my hosting provider disabled any kind of automated scanning reports for that host. I ran ssh-keyscan and it gave me nothing

Running ssh hemus -Q key-plain however give me this

```

ssh-ed25519
ssh-rsa
ssh-dss
ecdsa-sha2-nistp256
ecdsa-sha2-nistp384
ecdsa-sha2-nistp521

```

I'm not sure if the problem is in the host though. I tried to scan the IP of my digital ocean droplet and it also gave me nothing. Is there another way to add my host's public key to bitbucket known_hosts so I can pipe into my ssh account from any bitbucket pipeline?

Am I doing something wrong here, what's the deal?

cheers

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I figured out where the problem was.

Open ssh runs on a different port on my shared hosting account

to solve the problem use this

Under your Repository settings > Pipelines > SSH Keys you can add a host address with a specific port using this syntax

address:port

from this thread here https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/Use-non-22-SSH-port-in-pipelines/qaq-p/585622

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket Pipelines

What We Learned When We Researched Open Source Vulnerabilities in 7 Popular Coding Languages

...hey are a part of us, shaping how we interact with the world around us. The same holds true for programming languages when we think about how different kinds of vulnerabilities raise their heads in t...

1,037 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you