Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get FTP pipe to work.

Kevin Campbell July 22, 2019

Here's what my yaml file looks like, but it doesn't work. Just stays in progress, I stopped it after 15 min. There's only 1 html file to transfer as I'm just trying to get it to work.

pipelines:
branches:
master:
- step:
caches:
- docker
name: Deploy to Staging
deployment: staging
services:
- docker
script:
- pipe: atlassian/ftp-deploy:0.2.0
variables:
USER: 'XXXXXX'
PASSWORD: 'XXXXXX'
SERVER: 'IP_ADDRESS'
REMOTE_PATH: '/var/www/vhosts/funny.com/httpdocs/prod'

1 answer

0 votes
Alexander Zhukov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2019

Hi @Kevin Campbell. It's hard to say what might be wrong without additional info. Can you try running the pipe with debug mode enabled by adding DEBUG: 'true' to the pipe variables? Let me know if any meaningful shows up in the pipe logs.

Kevin Campbell July 25, 2019

Hi Alexander,

It still just hangs and debug doesn't add any info. Here's a screenshot after 6 min

image.png

Alexander Zhukov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2019

Weird. I'd also check if your server is reachable from pipelines. You might try to run the raw lftp command.

pipelines:
branches:
master:
- step:
name: Deploy to Staging
deployment: staging
image: alpine:3.9
script:
- apk add --update --no-cache bash lftp
- lftp -u $USER,$PASSWORD -e "set ftp:ssl-allow no; mirror --delete-first -vvv -R ${LOCAL_PATH} ${REMOTE_PATH};quit" $SERVER

Kevin Campbell July 25, 2019

So I need to add

$USER

$PASSWORD

${LOCAL_PATH}

${REMOTE_PATH}

$SERVER

as values in quotes?

Alexander Zhukov
Atlassian Team
July 25, 2019

These are the parameters you would pass to the pipe, so you need to replace them with your own.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events