Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get Bitbucket Pipeline Build to show up in JIRA Issue

Former user November 4, 2019

I'm having trouble trying to integrate Bitbucket Pipelines and JIRA. My current step is as follows.

Background Information

I have an Issue SER-1 that is connected to Branch SER-1-hello-world on Bitbucket. The branch correctly shows up on the JIRA SER-1 Issue Development Widget. I am using Bitbucket Pipelines so when I merge anything into the branch master I kick off a build. Currently when I merge anything into master the build kicks off successfully.

The problem

When I merge from branch SER-1-hello-world into master that commit from master correctly shows up in my JIRA SER-1 Issue Development Widget.

Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 7.36.52 PM (2).png

When I look at the build on Bitbucket, the Issue SER-1 is linked because it is in the commit message even though the branch is master.

Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 7.36.05 PM (2).png

But when I go to look at the build tab of the JIRA Development Widget it's blank.

Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 7.38.04 PM (2).png

This sort of makes sense since the build is happening in the master branch. But how can I get this build information to show up on the ticket SER-1? I thought if the issue title SER-1 was mentioned in the commit in the master branch the build information would show up in the ticket SER-1. Am I doing something wrong? Is there anyway to get this build information to show in the ticket? Other wise build tracking would be useless to me. I'm not going to build and push to staging on a branch named after a ticket. My main branches are master and production and it would not make sense to name my tickets after these branches as tickets change so much and I want those branches to be stable. Thanks in advance for any help.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events