Can I stop minutes count while the build is running in Jenkins?

Michael Trullas Garcia July 2, 2020

Hello.

We are valuating to start using the Pipelines and Deployments feature.

However we have seen that .Net Framework and Mac builds cannot be run in the Bitbucket Pipelines. Is there a way to start a Bitbucket Pipeline that triggers a Jenkins build and then Jenkins reports back the result to Bitbucket Pipeline? I want the minutes count to stop too, because there is no build running in bitbucket.

If no, what are the other alternatives you recommend?

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
ktomk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2020

I can't say if the answer is clearly "no" (I guess thought, however I have not looked into feature requests this might have come up in the past), nevertheless it's perhaps a change of perspective that could make the difference here:

If you start to evaluate Pipelines I guess you're looking for specific benefit with it. That's fine. Especially as you're already running Jenkins. Even if you plan to ditch Jenkins at some time (I have no bias about that, Jenkins is a very fine tool IMHO), you might evaluate pipelines by being called from Jenkins instead of to call Jenkins by Pipelines.

That's just a comment. I don't say you should nor that this solves all your problems but by doing so (the Bitbucket cloud Pipelines plugin has a REST API), you would not have the build minutes in Pipelines that are related to Pipelines and not Pipelines calling Jenkins.

This could also make the result of an evaluation more precise. Just suggesting here, your mileage may vary.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events