Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket To Google app engine Deployment Failed ERROR: (gcloud.app.deploy) INVALID_ARGUMENT: WEB-IN

devevasoftwaresolutions June 26, 2020

I would like to deploy BitBucket to Google App Engine, I have done the all configuartion using bitbucket-cloud/docs/deploy-to-google-cloud/ this link. I have done bitbucket-pipelines.yml as follows :-

image: atlassian/default-image:2
pipelines: default:
- step:
script:
- pipe: atlassian/google-app-engine-deploy:0.7.3 variables:
KEY_FILE: $KEY_FILE
PROJECT: 'evadev0010'
DEPLOYABLES: 'SlickErp/war/WEB-INF/appengine-web.xml'
VERSION: '11'
#BUCKET: 'gs://my-bucket'
IMAGE: 'gcr.io/my/image'
PROMOTE: 'true' STOP_PREVIOUS_VERSION: 'true'

and Also configured the PROJECT and KEY_FILE in the Repository variables. When I run the my pipeline deploy to google app engine getting following issue :-

Digest: sha256:ba2b161552a88f64dc0d3a5efe391aff52b06e16ca9b3933d0f0279869580465Status: Downloaded newer image for bitbucketpipelines/google-app-engine-deploy:0.7.3INFO: Setting up environment.echo "${KEY_FILE}" | base64 -d >> /tmp/key-file.json
gcloud auth activate-service-account --key-file /tmp/key-file.json --quiet --verbosity=warningActivated service account credentials for: [evadev0010@appspot.gserviceaccount.com]gcloud config set project evadev0010 --quiet --verbosity=warningUpdated property [core/project].WARNING: You do not appear to have access to project [evadev0010] or it does not exist.INFO: Starting deployment to GCP app engine...gcloud app --quiet deploy SlickErp/war/WEB-INF/appengine-web.xml --version=11 --image-url gcr.io/my/image --promote --stop-previous-version --verbosity=warningServices to deploy:descriptor:      [/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/SlickErp/war/WEB-INF/appengine-web.xml]source:          [/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/SlickErp/war]target project:  [evadev0010]target service:  [default]target version:  [11]target url:      [https://evadev0010.an.r.appspot.com]
Beginning deployment of service [default]...
ERROR: (gcloud.app.deploy) INVALID_ARGUMENT: WEB-INF/appengine-web.xml is required for this runtime. Deployment failed.

what is the issue i am getting below error :-

ERROR: (gcloud.app.deploy) INVALID_ARGUMENT: WEB-INF/appengine-web.xml is required for this runtime.
     Deployment failed.

1 answer

0 votes
Halyna Berezovska
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 30, 2020

@devevasoftwaresolutions first thing that I see the problem will be (now or later) is:

You do not appear to have access to project [evadev0010] or it does not exist

The key_file that you are using may be inappropriate for this project. recheck that this account having this key file, has access to the project evadev0010

As for final error:
 I see in the Google App engine doc  that you can deploy your appengine-web.xml.

1) ensure that subpath of  appengine-web.xml is in the right path in

/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/

and accessible and corresponds to the docs
2) check your xml file. It looks like gcloud cannot recognize or find your xml configuration: the file in the path either does not exist or not valid.

3) also if nothing of that helps , ensure that you have done necessary steps for your precise project Deploying Java to google-app-engine  , perhaps it has some limitations and doc will help

Looking forward to hearing back from you,

Regards, Galyna

Mahdi December 10, 2021

wrong place.. please remove 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events