Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are step metrics still available in Bitbucket Pipelines?

Charlie January 11, 2021

Bitbucket Pipelines introduced step metrics in late October 2020, which show information about memory and CPU usage of each step. But now (January 2021) it seems to have disappeared: the Metrics tab has disappeared and I can't find it listed on the Labs page or any other configuration so I haven't accidentally disabled it.

Is this feature still available?

I note that there is documentation for it at https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/step-metrics/ which says it is enabled by default for all Pipelines users, so I presume it should be there and just work?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Justin Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2021

Hi @Charlie 

During our rollout of Step metrics, we discovered a few major issues with usability and the accuracy of the metrics. The team is currently working on fixing those issues. While we don’t have a concrete timeline on the delivery, we hope to roll it out soon.

Thanks,

Justin Thomas

Product Manager, Bitbucket

Charlie January 12, 2021

Thanks for the explanation. I was wondering if I'd accidentally disabled it somehow!

dmoller December 13, 2021

Any update on this? It's been a year and today

• I am being prompted by Bitbucket Cloud to try out metrics
  • a Metrics tab shows up in my pipelines but it is empty except for the documentation link
  • the documentation link redirects to no useful information
Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events