Account Variables are not recognized in pipeline step

Björn Bartels June 12, 2019

Hello there!

I have set up pipelines using repository and deployment variables...

...as well a uniquely named account variable (so it is not overwritten by repo vars)

but when, for example, showing all the variables via 'export' when running such step, the account variable does not show up

Bildschirmfoto 2019-06-12 um 13.40.57.pngBildschirmfoto 2019-06-12 um 13.41.57.png

Is there something I am missing or doing wrong here?

2 answers

1 vote
Björn Bartels June 26, 2019

Hi Philip!

Thanks a lot for your effort, I have to subserviently apologize :D

I took the wrong assumption that my personal account variables are also available within the team's repositories' pipelines of the team I am a member of, and not just within my personal account repositories only.

Maybe, the docs can be just half a step more precise, haha :D

Variables specified for a team or an individual account can be accessed from all repositories that belong to the team or account.

Cheers
BB

Philip Hodder
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2019

No worries. Glad you got it working! I'll pass the feedback on to the documentation writers.

Like Björn Bartels likes this
Dominik Arnoldi March 20, 2020

@Philip Hodder i ran into the same problem today as i wanted to use personal AWS keys for the pipelines. I think this might be a super feature if i can set my own AWS credentials in my account settings and even if the owner of the repo is a group my own credential env vars are used. So i can see in AWS who has executed which pipeline on AWS :-) But if i set credentials env vars on the group level the account env vars are overwritten.

1 vote
Philip Hodder
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2019

Hello,

Is the account where the Account Variable is defined, also the owner of the repository you're running Pipelines for?

Thanks,

Phil

Björn Bartels June 14, 2019

Hello Philip!

The account is the owner of the repo as well as the user is part of the 'admin' group.

BB

Like gmathio likes this
Philip Hodder
Atlassian Team
June 25, 2019

I just tried and it seems to be working. Can you see if that's also an issue with any newly created account variables?

If it's still an issue, can I get you to open a support ticket for us to look into more detail.

Björn Bartels June 26, 2019

Hi Philip!

I am sorry, but I just tried and nothing seems to have changed: new variables as well as the already present ones do not appear when `export` or alike. "Team" account variables are working ^^

Another thing I just noticed, when trying to set account variables with (some of) our other users: only two out of nine users (all 'admin' in BitBucket) are even seeing the menu entry "account variables". Is there something special to setup I didn't notice?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events