Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AWS Elastic Beanstalk Deploy dynamic artifact name

coduo_warmbold January 6, 2020

I have a spring boot application and i want to deploy it using the aws-elasticbeanstalk-deploy image provided by atlassian.

The problem is that my generated artifact has no static filename. The filename is postfixed with the version name. (e.g.: target/my-application-1.0.0.SNAMPSHOT.jar)

I build my JAR using: 

script:
- mvn -B clean package
artifacts:
- target/**

And this would be the deployment step:

- pipe: atlassian/aws-elasticbeanstalk-deploy:0.5.5
variables:
AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID: $AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID
AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY: $AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY
AWS_DEFAULT_REGION: $AWS_DEFAULT_REGION
APPLICATION_NAME: $AWS_APPLICATION_NAME
ENVIRONMENT_NAME: $ENVIRONMENT_NAME
ZIP_FILE: 'target/????'

How can i get the correct filename for the "ZIP_FILE" parameter?

2 answers

0 votes
Alexander Zhukov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2020

@coduo_warmbold you should be able to create the value for the ZIP_FILE dynamically, here is an example building the zip archive with the build number:

script:
- zip application-$BITBUCKET_BUILD_NUMBER.zip * - pipe: atlassian/aws-elasticbeanstalk-deploy:0.5.5 variables: AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID: $AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY: $AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY AWS_DEFAULT_REGION: 'us-east-1' APPLICATION_NAME: 'my-app-name' ENVIRONMENT_NAME: 'production' ZIP_FILE: 'application-$BITBUCKET_BUILD_NUMBER.zip'
0 votes
Matt Turner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2020

Hi,

Unfortunately the `aws-elasticbeanstalk-deploy` pipe does not support a dynamic value for `ZIP_FILE`.

My recommendation if possible would be to rename your artefact to match the configured filename used for `ZIP_FILE`.

Thanks,

Matt.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events