Running sonarqube on a Go application from inside bitbucket pipelines

Jeffrey_Haskovec April 9, 2020

Hey everyone,

Last weekend I was working on adding sonar static analysis of my Go applications as part of our continuous delivery pipeline. When I was searching around I couldn't find a good example so it took me a lot of trial and error to get it running. Now that I have my use case figured out I wanted to share it here so that if anyone else is having this issue they could see how I solved it.

https://haskovec.com/running-sonar-from-bitbucket-pipelines-on-your-go-apps/

I hope that is helpful for someone else and can save them some time.

2 comments

Oleksandr Kyrdan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2020

Hi @Jeffrey_Haskovec ,

Thank you for contributing to the community!

Also, you can use Bitbucket Pipes in your pipelines to speed up development and simplify the stuff.

We have some pipes from the SonarCloud:  SonarCloud scan and SonarCloud Quality Gate.

Cheers,
Alex

Jeffrey_Haskovec April 13, 2020

Hey Alex,

Thanks for the response. I looked at sonarcloud.io, but given that we are a startup and I am trying to keep costs down I ultimately chose to host sonar myself inside of our current Kubernetes cluster. When I looked at the sonar cloud pipe it looked like it was just for that service and not for any instance of sonar that a person may be running. As such I had to develop my own solution.

Like Oleksandr Kyrdan likes this
Oleksandr Kyrdan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2020

New custom pipes are welcome!

How to you can find in the Build flexible CI/CD pipelines with custom Pipes.

Jeffrey_Haskovec April 13, 2020

I may look into doing that if I have some time. Thanks for sharing the link!

Like Oleksandr Kyrdan likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events