It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Optional steps in bitbucket pipelines Edited

Hi,

I was building the CI/CD system, and I realized there was something lacking for our use case. Let me explain:

We have different teams with different test environments (deployments), like uat1, aut2, uat3.

When it's time to push the changes to the environment, ideally a team could trigger a custom pipeline that would do 2 steps: 1) build the image and 2) deploy it to their own environment.

So the way it'd be best, is to have an input variable to define where to deploy in step2

Something like a conditional step would work here, anytime the input variable could be used for the conditional.

Does anyone have the same workflow?

1 comment

I'd love to know if you found a good solution to this?

No good solution, but duplicating pipelines... it requires a conditional execution of deployment based on some var in the scope to do this in a good way. Ideally this thread could turn into a feature request. 

Thanks for the reply. I was considering using some sort of user account variable which would modify the pipeline to deploy to a different environment. Not ideal but a possible solution that I'll try later in the week.

There exsists an issue for further discussion.

Like Alex_Bailey likes this

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket Pipelines

What We Learned When We Researched Open Source Vulnerabilities in 7 Popular Coding Languages

...hey are a part of us, shaping how we interact with the world around us. The same holds true for programming languages when we think about how different kinds of vulnerabilities raise their heads in t...

729 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you