Bitbucket Pipes digest: January 2021

Pipes monthly digest January 2021

Hi,

Welcome to the next Bitbucket Pipes digest. This month comes packed with additions to Pipes. Don’t forget to subscribe (click Watch and select Articles)!

New pipes

bitbucket-pipe-release

2145772916-5-clear-cache-logo_avatar.png

atlassian/bitbucket-pipe-release:4.0.1

This pipe simplifies the release process of the Bitbucket Pipe or any Bitbucket Cloud project: publish docker image, commit and tag new git version of the pipe or other project.

- pipe: atlassian/bitbucket-pipe-release:4.0.1
  variables:
    DOCKERHUB_USERNAME: $DOCKERHUB_USERNAME
    DOCKERHUB_PASSWORD: $DOCKERHUB_PASSWORD
    IMAGE: 'myuser/my-awesome-image'

carbonetes-scan

4108164854-3-carbo-pipe-logo_avatar.png

carbonetes/carbonetes-scan:1.0.1
This pipe seamlessly integrates comprehensive container analysis directly into your CI/CD pipeline.

- pipe: carbonetes/carbonetes-scan:1.0.1
  variables:
    CARBONETES_USERNAME: $CARBONETES_USERNAME
    CARBONETES_PASSWORD: $CARBONETES_PASSWORD
    REGISTRY_URI: $REGISTRY_URI
    REPO_IMAGE_TAG: $REPO_IMAGE_TAG

Updated pipes

ssh-run

2338267519-2-ssh-run-logo_avatar.png

atlassian/ssh-run:0.3.0
Run a command or a bash script on your server.

Changes:

• Add support for ENV_VARS variable.

scp-deploy

2717916917-1-scp-deploy-logo_avatar.png

atlassian/scp-deploy:1.0.0
Copy files to a remote server using SCP.

Changes:

• Changed EXTRA_ARGS parameter from string to array type in order to support better advanced use cases.

azure-aks-deploy

1784825578-7-azure-aks-deploy-logo_avatar.png

atlassian/azure-aks-deploy:1.0.1
A pipe that uses kubectl to interact with a Kubernetes cluster running on Azure Kubernetes Service

Changes:

• Introduced kubelogin as optional feature to get around interactive

kubectl-run

4214159937-11-kubernetes-deploy-logo_avatar.png

atlassian/kubectl-run:1.3.0
Run a command against a Kubernetes cluster. This pipe uses kubectl, a command line interface for running commands against Kubernetes clusters.

Changes:

• Add KUBECTL_APPLY_ARGS support. Allow to use -k kustomization flag.

anchore-scan

1526334109-2-anchore-scan-logo_avatar.png

anchore/anchore-scan:0.2.11

Analyze and scan container image to produce software vulnerabilities, dockerfile and other security/compliance violations.

Changes:

• Bump version of inline scan to v0.9.0.

To discover more pipes, visit our Bitbucket Pipes Marketplace.

Top Community questions

If you’d like help with Bitbucket Pipes, or you have an issue or feature request, let us know on Community.

8 comments

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2021

This is a really cool update thanks @Halyna Berezovska!

Like Halyna Berezovska likes this
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2021

@Halyna Berezovska  +1 That's great to see many improvements

Nana Insaidoo February 20, 2021

@Halyna BerezovskaI recently found out that I can no longer contribute to the official-pipes registry as a result of this

NOTE: Currently we only accept contributions from trusted vendors who are the original author(s) or maintainers of the product / service the pipe integrates to.

Please how do you become a trusted vendor?

Like Gonchik Tsymzhitov likes this
Halyna Berezovska
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 24, 2021

@Nana Insaidoo

You did right, Atlassian community or bitbucket pipelines channels are ways to communicate.

Right now we support trusted vendors to contribute. It means that if the pipe is, for example, deploying to Sonarcloud or Meterian etc., you have to work at Sonarcloud or Meterian company correspondingly, not just be the user of the tool.

However, if you did not signed the agreement, and you can confirm you work in vendor's company, we can accept your contributions as vendors, but someone has to contact you to sign the agreement. We will discuss your case inside the team. Thanks!

Regards, Galyna

Like Gonchik Tsymzhitov likes this
Nana Insaidoo February 24, 2021

@Halyna BerezovskaWell I can confirm I work at Meterian. As for the agreement, if you are talking about this one, I don't think it's accessible:

https://bitbucket.org/bitbucketpipelines/official-pipes/addon/bitbucket-contributor-agreement-add-on/sidebar-panel

image.png

The page never loads.

bruno February 24, 2021

@Galyna Zholtkevych Bruno here, CTO @ Meterian. Please let us know what's the best way to authenticate ourselves. I can confirm that the agreement signing page keeps reloading.

Halyna Berezovska
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 24, 2021

@bruno @Nana Insaidoo thanks for contacting us.

We have discussed the case in the team - I informed agreement page is kind of broken.

You still should be able to contribute , just make pr, as you always did, and we will accept that.

Also I'll inform when the agreement page is fixed.

However, it should not block your PRs.

Regards, Galyna

Like Nana Insaidoo likes this
Nana Insaidoo February 25, 2021

@Halyna BerezovskaYou're right, I certainty confused some steps in the pipe review submission process. Creating a PR from our forked repository of the official pipes registry works. Thanks for the assistance!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events