cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple runners per machine / workspace runners

Mohamed Elhossary April 14, 2021

Hello,

I know this has been addressed in the replies of this topic
But I would like to highlight how important this is in a separate, dedicated topic.

Today we had a difficult design session because we are trying to work with the fact that currently you need a dedicated runner/machine per project, this is not practical for our use cases nor economical. This might make us squash many projects in one with a subdirectory structure in order to be able to run the multiple pipelines we need on 1 runner instead of having 1 runner per project. This is not something we necessarily in favor since we prefer to keep our projects flat.

A machine should be agnostic of the project and should be re-used as much as possible.

We really hope this will be available very soon, because this is very limiting.

Thank you.

2 comments

Comment

Nitin Goyal April 14, 2021

There are lots of issues with current CI/CD Pipeline. it should be flexible like other system.. it should be on upto on us that whether we want to restrict per repo or project or workspace. 

like Gitlab 

Justin Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 14, 2021

@Mohamed Elhossary Thanks for explaining the use case. Workspace runners and the ability to start multiple runners on a single machine are on the top of our backlog. We will start work on it after we bring feature parity to the self-hosted runners when compared to the cloud runner. We are pretty close to feature parity and I hope it will be completed in a couple of weeks. After we have feature parity we will be opening up the EAP program to all Bitbucket customers and then start work on workspace and multi-runners support.

Thanks for your patience and feedback.

Cheers,

Justin Thomas

Like # people like this
Mohamed Elhossary April 15, 2021

Thank you @Justin Thomas we are very looking forward to it.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events