Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Windows runner command line recovery option?

I have created a runner for testing but not documented the start command, it seems I am unable to recover the UID and am therefore unable to reuse this runner and have to define a new runner.

It would be nice if there was an option in th Runner configuration/overview to reconstruct the command line to start the runner or at least expose the UID of the runner, as the rest can be extracted from the command line of a newly created runner IMHO.

1 answer

0 votes
lliang2 Atlassian Team Apr 26, 2022

Hey @Jonathan Martens ,

The start command also contained short-lived auth details and can be used only for a specific runner, and we decided to only show it once for security reason. Having said that, if you have the credential stored somewhere and just lost the runner Uuid, it is possible to reconstruct the start command.

For now, the only way to find the runner Uuid is to get the runners api payload from browser dev tools, as we doesn't show runner Uuid in the runners table at the moment, I will chat with the team to add it as tooltip or something similar.

Cheers

Leo Liang

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you