Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runner not signed

The file C:\...\atlassian-bitbucket-pipelines-runner\bin\start.ps1 is not digitally signed.

You can get it running with

Set-ExecutionPolicy Bypass

But if you reset the system policy to be more restrictive later, the pipeline build fails to run with a similar error in the log:

Runner matching labels:
- windows
- self.hosted
Runner version:
current: 1.258
latest: 1.258

File C:\...\atlassian-bitbucket-pipelines-runner\temp\...\tmp\cloneScript10811173037365692415.ps1 cannot be loaded. The file C:\....ps1 is not digitally signed. You cannot run this script on the current system.

3 comments

Comment

lliang2
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2021

Hey @Bob Swift _Appfire_ ,

Thanks for pointing that out, I will report it to the team and get it fix as soon as possible.

Cheers

Leo Liang

Andrew Williamson April 21, 2022

Hi Leo,

The 'Runner Installation' page is guiding me to version 1.315, which still has this issue. Has this been fixed? I'm happy to use a preview version in order to not change my execution policy.

Thanks

lliang2
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2022

Hey @Andrew Williamson ,

Sorry that I forgot the post update here, after discuss with the team, we decided not to get this signed. The reason is runner would still generate ps script to run your script defined in bitbucket-pipelines.yml and that won't be signed.

That basically means runner require to have the execution policy that allow unsigned script to execution to have normally. So there is not much point to sign the startup script.

Cheers

Leo Liang

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events