Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRADLE_USER_HOME environment variable not respected by a runner

Bob Swift {Appfire} May 26, 2022

I am hitting this on mac, but I suspect it is also a problem on Windows as well. On linux, it's docker, so not really a problem.

I am using the standard gradle cache as usual for gradle builds. I suspect this may be the problem as it is defined in the docs as `~/.gradle/caches` but really should be `${GRADLE_USER_HOME}/.gradle/caches` or `${GRADLE_USER_HOME:-~}/.gradle/caches`  ???

Is this the problem and if so, can it be fixed? In the mean time, will it work if I define a custom cache that uses this approach? This relies on cache definitions respecting environment variables. 

I should mention, that in a shared environment like Mac or Windows, this causes corruption of the gradle cache if the same user is also running gradle builds using the user default location.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Jayant Gawali
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2022

Hi @Bob Swift {Appfire} ,

Thanks for raising this issue. Are you currently blocked with the problem?

At the moment there is a limitation on sharing the caches on multiple platforms, especially with windows, where it could lead to errors. For more details please check Limitations for Windows Runner

Do you need to share the cache between different platforms i.e. Windows and Non Windows? Please provide more details on the use case and the scenarios that you are trying to achieve, it will help us understand the problem in detail.

Regards,

Jayant

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events