Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature update: Cache, Artifact, Test reports

We are happy to announce that the following features are ready for Windows Runners

Select Runners in Repository settings or Workspace runners in Workspace settings under the Pipelines header to get the latest runner.

Limitation

However, there are some limitations regrading these features:

Cache

• Pre-defined docker cache is not supported: Given that docker is not supported for Windows Runners, pre-defined docker cache is also not supported in Windows Runners.
  • Share caches between different OS: As a best practice, it is recommended not to share cache between different types of runners, such as a cloud runner and a Windows runner, because caches could contain platform specific files that do not work in other operating systems. This might lead to errors occurring when a Windows runner is trying to use a .dll file that is specifically generated for Linux.

• Bloated cache folder: Due to performance implications, we do not clean up the cache folder at the end of step execution which means the size of related cache directories could increase rapidly, especially for a workspace runner. If that occurs, we recommend creating a scheduled task to clean up cache folders on a regular basis. You can refer to following documentation to see how to setup a scheduled task with PowerShell: Get-ScheduledTask (ScheduledTasks).

• Be aware that we don’t put any restrictions on where is your cache folder is located, so technically you can define whatever folder you like, even c:\windows. Be mindful about any technical implications and make sure your hosted machine is recoverable.

Test Report

3 comments

Comment

Mark Blackburn January 11, 2022

Thanks for the update. I was able to get artifacts working without any problems. I didn't even have to download a new runner. I noticed a few small issues and nice to have features.

The time of the file in the .tar.gz artifact is 1969-12-31 17:00 (my timezone is MST)

It would be nice to be able to browse the artifact and download just the file I want similar to Gitlab.

Specifying folders for artifact paths gets ignored. I need to provide a folder and wildcard pattern. I am using backslash path seperators ('\'). I haven't tried forward slash yet.

lliang2
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 11, 2022

Hey Mark,

Thanks for the feedback, we push the artifact related code in couple of releases, so if you setup your runner recently, it is possible that it already works.

Regarding your feedbacks:

The time of the file in the .tar.gz artifact is 1969-12-31 17:00 (my timezone is MST)

This is a known issue for all runners, we will try to fix that after we complete window runner feature.

It would be nice to be able to browse the artifact and download just the file I want similar to Gitlab.

That is good idea, I will let the team know and see what we can do.

Specifying folders for artifact paths gets ignored. I need to provide a folder and wildcard pattern.

Do you mind to elaborate this a bit more? I think it always need to specify paths in artifacts to make it work, like this:

```

artifacts: # defining the artifacts to be passed to each future step.
  - dist/**
  - reports/*.txt

```

Mark Blackburn January 11, 2022

I was just specifying the folder name without the trailing '**'. The syntax is different from gitlab where you only need to specify a folder name without wildcards and that is what I was porting from. I'll try what you suggested. Thanks.

Like lliang2 likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events