Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I automatically change a status on a parent issue based on linked issues status?

Prasad Andrews March 20, 2019

Question - How do I automatically change a status change on a parent issue based on the status of its linked issue statuses when a linked issue status is CLOSED?

We have Release Workflow once the Release issue type is progressed to "QA Deployment" then the QA: Scheduled_Deployment task will auto create.

And the Release issue type is progressed to "Deploy" then Prod: Scheduled_Deployment task will auto create.

Now the Requirement is - Once the QA: Scheduled_Deployment task closed then the Release issue type status update as "UAT"

Once the Prod: Scheduled_Deployment task closed then the Release issue type status update as "PRODUCTION"

Using Script Runner & JSU plugin 

1 comment

Comment

Nikhil May 26, 2019

Hi Prasad,

It can be achieved using JSU Linked Post Function.

Please follow the attached guide: https://confluence-apps.beecom.ch/display/JSUCLOUD/Linked+Transition+Post-Function

Regards,

Nikhil

Prasad Andrews May 27, 2019

Hi @Nikhil  ,

Thanks for your response.

We are using JSU v2.13.1 with this version it's not possible to achieve my requirement.

If we update this JSU add to the new version (Paid update) then it's possible but the newest version isn't free :)

So is there any possibilities with Script Runner Plugin?

Regards,

Prasad E

Nikhil May 27, 2019

You can achieve it with the following logic for script runner.

if (!epicIssue)

{ return }

def possibleEpicIds = ["New Request" : 31,
"To be Prioritised" : 31,
"Prioritised" : 31 
]

def transitionforEpic = ""
if(storyStatus == STATUS_NAME){
if (epicStatus != storyStatus){
possibleEpicIds.each {
if (it.key == epicStatus)

{ transitionforEpic = it.value }