wrapper/start-bamboo start not working

Panagiotis Kosmidis December 16, 2011

Hello, I try to run Bamboo from wrapper as a service but I get error:

root@server:/usr/local/src# /opt/atlassian/Bamboo/wrapper/start-bamboo start
Starting Bamboo Continuous Integration Server...
/opt/atlassian/Bamboo/wrapper/start-bamboo: line 405: /opt/atlassian/Bamboo/wrapper/wrapper: No such file or directory

if I don't run it from wrapper but form bamboo.sh it works:

root@server:/usr/local/src# /opt/atlassian/Bamboo/bamboo.sh start
Starting Bamboo: 
STARTED Bamboo Fri Dec 16 23:59:54 GMT 2011
Bamboo running, pid=19805

1 answer

1 vote
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 16, 2011

Which version of Bamboo is it? Which Linux version and architecture?

Does /opt/atlassian/Bamboo/wrapper/wrapper exist? If so, what does ldd /opt/atlassian/Bamboo/wrapper/wrapper show?

Hello, it is the latest version of bamboo (installed yesterday), Debian 6 64bit, /opt/atlassian/Bamboo/wrapper/wrapper does not exist the normal path should be /opt/atlassian/Bamboo/wrapper I don't know why it adds an extra wrapper path in the current path...

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 16, 2011

I've just downloaded 3.4 from Atlassian's website. The wrapper is located in Bamboo/wrapper/wrapper , like it should. Have you made any alterations to your install?

In any case, the wrapper in Bamboo server install is a 32bit program. If you want to use the wrapper on 64bit, as a workaround, you can take the binaries (program and library) from the Bamboo Agent:

Bamboo/webapp/admin/agent/atlassian-bamboo-agent-installer-3.4.jar unser arch/linux/x86_64

Alternatively, you can use some other means of monitoring the server, like daemontools's 'service' command

Hello, I seems I made a big mistake, /opt/atlassian/Bamboo/wrapper/wrapper exists and this is what I get from ldd /opt/atlassian/Bamboo/wrapper/wrapper "not a dynamic executable"
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
December 16, 2011

Doesn't sound all that terrible to me ;-) You still need to follow one of the approaches I've described to get it running.

well I will just use bamboo.sh, all the other stuff sounds mor complicated to me, but I think it should support 64bit out of the box and not make the user to bother with it's setup more than it's use...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events