Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what takes precedence - build expiry or branch inactivity settings

Greg Bailey January 4, 2016

Hi,

I have a question I hope I can get some help with.  We are using branch build labeling to keep released builds from being automatically deleted.  We are using the global expiry settings to not clean up an builds with 'release' or 'rc' labels on them.

However, branch plans that have the branch inactivity setting configured to delete a branch plan after 30 days of source inactivity seem to be over riding the global expiry setting of not removing builds labeled with release.

Over the holiday break we had a number of released branch plans deleted that includes builds that had the release label applied to the builds we deployed.  Soo... we lost of a large number of released builds in Bamboo due to this.

So the question is - can someone please help to clarify what takes precedence when it comes to branch build clean up - branch plan activity settings or global expiry labels?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.  

Oh and we are running Bamboo ver 5.9.3

1 answer

0 votes
Marcin Gardias
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2016

First of all: build result expiry and deleting plan branches that are inactive are 2 very different things. In the first case you delete results in the second entire plan branches

When you delete a plan (or plan branch) result expiry is not checked: if you decide to delete entire plan, it means plan and all of its results.

I guess you could say that, in a way, branch inactivity has precedence over build expiry, but that's not precise description of things.

Note that you can prevent individual branches from being affected by branch automatic removal by setting an option on Branch Details tab.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events