Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

use new stash repositories in bamboo to create tags on a build

Chris Wundram November 11, 2014

I'm trying to use the new Stash repositories feature in bamboo (as of 5.5 I believe).  This is more important now that the legacy stash support is removed from 5.7.  The problem I am having is that I want to create tags on a repository on successful completion of a stage.  Originally I did this by using a script, the git repository URL variable, and a _netrc file to provide the security settings.   Now if I use the new stash repositories, everything is ssh, so I need a copy of the ssh key that bamboo is using.  But there doesn't seem to be any way to get that.  The only thing I can think of is to also store the https url for a repository in a variable, which seems like a maintenance problem.  Like what happens when someone updates the repository but not the https URL, then we start tagging the wrong repo.

Anyone have a way to do this?

2 answers

0 votes
Chris Wundram November 13, 2014

Unfortunately, that ends up being a ssh:// url, which is useless without a ssh key.  If you try and do a git push using that url, you end up locking up the build.  Using the legacy stash connections, I use the following script to push a tag to the repo

git tag publish/${bamboo.inject.packageversion} ${bamboo.repository.revision.number} 
git push ${bamboo.repository.git.repositoryUrl} publish/${bamboo.inject.packageversion}

When we use the new stash repositories, this hangs, because it doesn't have the ssh private key to push to the repo.

0 votes
Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2014

What about using Bamboo variables in your script task? If you insert

${bamboo.planRepository.0.repositoryUrl}

in your script task, it will be converted into actual URL.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events