unable to create plan in bamboo for git repo

Naveen kumar Mahadevaiah April 26, 2017

Hi All,

I am trying to create a new bamboo plan by using git repository. but i am getting below error. 

"java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: E:\Users\naveen.kumar\bamboo-home\xml-data\configuration\cipher\cipher.key_0".

I have admin access ob both git ( bitbucket repo) and bamboo. the test connection works fine. but the creation of plan fails. 

i need some guidance on how to proceed with this ?

2 answers

0 votes
Naveen kumar Mahadevaiah May 9, 2017

this is solved now. main problem was with user privilages.

Jeremy Roelfs July 26, 2017

How exactly did you fix this? I have the same issue with the permission getting revoked each time; even when I grant the user permission.

Given Reed November 7, 2017

I'm having the same problems on Windows 10.

I've tried running the service as the default "local_system" account, I get the error.

I've tried creating a local user and having the service run as that, doesn't work.

I've tried taking ownership as an admin user, but every time I restart the service the settings reset and I get the same error.

In the service properties, I've tried checking and unchecking the "Allow service to interact with desktop" checkbox.

So far nothing I've tried has made any difference, I always get the same cipher_0 error.

Nils Hellström November 21, 2017

Did you find a solution to this?

I experience the same issue (java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException). I have given 'Everyone' 'Full control' of the  ...\bamboo-home\xml-data\configuration\cipher\ folder. I can access the folder by the file explorer with the same user that is running the Bamboo process, but when I try to create a new Plan in Bamboo, the generated cipher.key_0 file is empty.

From this related question I take it that is should not be necessary to modify the data base:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Questions/bamboo-cipher-keys-are-seemingly-not-generated/qaq-p/277225

Nils Hellström November 22, 2017

I got it working by deleting the cipher-folder and then creating a new Plan in Bamboo.

Kapil Gulati August 6, 2018

I also had similar issue, I noticed that cipher folder didn't have correct permissions. I added the groups and provided necessary permissions , that resolved the issue.

nordes November 11, 2018

I am facing the same issue using a "default" windows install.

However, when I set the proper permissions, it gets reset after it try to re-create the cypher file. Does anyone have a solution to that?

0 votes
PG April 26, 2017

Hi Naveen,

Is Bamboo running using the username naveen.kumar ? Can you verify if you have write permisisons to this folder for the user which is running the bamboo application ?

Naveen kumar Mahadevaiah April 26, 2017

Hi, 

user name is same. But i dont have access to this folder, Users\naveen.kumar\bamboo-home\xml-data\configuration\cipher.

the wierd thing is, if i grant all permissions and run the create plan, then again the permission is getting revoked. 

is this a bug ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events