trying to create an EBS snapshot

Jean-Sebastien (GA) September 25, 2014

Hi Guys, 

I'm running on Bamboo OnDemand and,

following online documentationhere, I'm trying to create an EBS snapshot from a Linux Standard Image.

So far, I can access the elastic instance via SSH as a root user.

But then, when running the first script from directory /opt/bamboo-elastic-agent/bin/createInitialVolume.sh 30, I got the following error :

Insufficient security files. Need /root/cert.pem /root/pk.pem.

How do I fix this error ? I don't know where to find the missing files.

Thank you for your help smile

J

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kristen Byers September 26, 2014

Hi,

It's been a while since I've messed with this, but I think you can look here for your answer (Generating your AWS private key file and your certificate file).

If that's not sufficient or your still having problems let me know.

-Kristen

Jean-Sebastien (GA) September 26, 2014

Sorry, I should have read more carefully the documentation, it was clearly explained inside. Thanks a lot Kristen for pointing me towards the part I missed :) best regards, J

Kristen Byers September 29, 2014

No problem! From personal experience, I know how easy it is to get bogged down navigating the documentation and thus miss something. Good luck!

Jean-Sebastien (GA) September 29, 2014

:)

Thomas Nilsson September 30, 2014

Hi I experience the same thing and I have followed the instructions in the link as provided by Kristen to upload the certificate and private key to the bamboo server. Though Im not sure what you mean here Kristen - so now I have the key and the cert on the Bamboo server how does that affect the still missing files on the elastic agent? regards Thomas

Thomas Nilsson September 30, 2014

So - the simple solution as described in the instructions is to enable "Upload AWS account identifiers to elastic instances." Thomas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events