Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trigger repository poll single branch only

Aaron Neufeld March 8, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Polling the repository for changes

I have a linked repository configured with the "master" branch selected, and a plan trigger to poll for repository changes. The problem is that even though the master branch is selected, a push to any branch triggers a build, which in this case creates a loop because my deployment plan (which is automatically triggered on successful build) pushes to the branch corresponding to the environment (triggering another build).

Why doesn't the selected branch have an effect on repository polling? and how can this situation be remedied?

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 8, 2016

Hello Aaron,

Thank you for you inquire.

If you do not want to have the triggering (polling) available to the reminder branches, please go to each of the branches under "Branches >> [your branch] >> Branch details" tab and under "Trigger type >> Change trigger" select Manual.

image2016-3-8 17:17:41.png

Every branch created takes as default the configuration you have under "Plan configuration", so if you have polling as trigger method under "Plan configuration >> Triggers" tab all the branches created will behave no different.

If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

Aaron Neufeld March 9, 2016

Hi Rafael,

Thanks for your response.

I'm not actually using branch plans. I am hoping I don't need to do that, as I understand that each branch plan counts toward the 10 plan limit in our subscription. I just have the main plan, but the default repository is set up to track the "master" branch, so I only want the "master" branch to trigger the main plan.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events