trigger a Bamboo build from stash checkin on a sub directory

Christopher Bartlett June 13, 2016

I am looking to split apart our build for different areas of our site.  I would like to have a build triggered based on a checkin to a sub directory.  Currently we have the trigger working on any check in, but that is not what I need I have tried this solution with no success.

This seems like it should be a pretty straight forward thing to accomplish.

Thanks,

Chris

1 answer

0 votes
Rich Duncan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2016

I think the only way you could do this is by writing a bamboo pluging to parse the commits looking for the specific subdirectory that should trigger the build.

Maybe you should refactor the repositories...

Christopher Bartlett June 14, 2016

I find that odd since both of these platforms are Atlassian software and TFS handles this very simply.  I have seen examples (like the one I posted) that supposedly do this, but none have worked for us.  Our project is a web site and we would like the UX to be pushed separately from the source code so they are not dependent on each other and breaking them up into separate repositories does not make sense since they are apart of the same project.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events