Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setup bamboo staging server for upgrade test.

Alpesh Bhavsar February 2, 2014

Hi ,

We do have bamboo server on production environment only. But it is old version. Now I am planning to upgrade it to latest version.

On Production, bamboo.home folder is huge size. Which folders should I include in backup? So that I can copy only those which are required and can be used to upgrade bamboo successfully.

1 answer

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2014

Hi Alpesh,

I would recommend you NOT to ommit any of the folders in "bamboo.home", instead it is recommended to backup your "bamboo.home" and your "database" prior an upgrade being made.

To migrate Bamboo between machines,

1. Back up your current Bamboo instance as per our Bamboo backup guide
  2. Login to the My Atlassian portal and retrieve your Bamboo license key.
  3. Download a fresh distribution of Bamboo from the Bamboo download centerto your new machine.
  4. (info) If you are using the WAR version, click the 'Show all' link on the Bamboo download center page to display the download link.
  5. Unpack your Bamboo distribution on your new machine, (if you are using the WAR version, you need to deploy it to your application server) - See our installation guide.
  6. Start your new Bamboo installation and run the Setup Wizard.
  7. In step(3) of the Setup Wizard, import your old Bamboo instance from step(1).

Alternatively, you can Clone a Bamboo instance.

--

Kind regards,

Rafael

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events