Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saved Shared credentials does not show up.

Masahiro Takatsuka January 15, 2018

I have added a ssh credentials to be shared and under overview->shared credentials, the saved credentials shows up.  However, when I try to create a plan and try to link repository to a new plan through Bitbucket Cloud, I could not use shared credentials. 

When I select "Use shared credentials to authenticate", I get a message saying "No shared credentials of this type have been defined. You can configure them in administration panel on Shared credentials page." even though a credential is already added.

Is there anything else I need to do to use this added ssh credentials (with which I can access bitbucket repository from a terminal)?

1 answer

1 vote
robhit
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2018

Hi Masahiro,

Thanks for your question!

For connecting Bitbucket cloud repository we need to use username and password first so that the Bamboo can make rest calls to get the info.

So to use SSH shared credentials, we need to use the username password first to connect to Bitbucket cloud repository and then use the SSH shared credentials.

Thanks,

Robhit

Masahiro Takatsuka January 15, 2018

hmm, but 2fa is enabled and username/password would not allow bamboo to connect to bitbucket, right?

Do I need to disable 2fa?

robhit
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2018

Hi Masahiro,

You can use the App password for that.

Steps:

1. Create App Password in Bitbucket.

2. In Bamboo, create a shared credential type "username and password" and use the Bitbucket username and the app password as a password.

Thanks,

Robhit  

Oib-wan Kenobi May 30, 2019

Hello i've a problem, where can i find the username? is it the mail used to connect to atlassian account? the password? where is it? i cannot configure my bamboo server with bitbucket cloud without them, where can i use the ssh key? i've shared creditentials but it doesn't show up ?
please help me it's for a end year's school project

szakba November 3, 2022

4 years later. This is still a problem. It is horrible UX to say that no shared credentials exist, when the actual problem is that user+pass needs to be used.

Also, why does the first connection need to be made with HTTPS? There is absolutely no hard reason for this. Transfer whatever "info" needs to be transferred via SSH.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events