Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No agent can buld this job", but my remote fits all capabilities

Antonio Anzivino February 22, 2016

I have a Bamboo installation on a Linux machine and a project in Microsoft .NET to build.

I have successfully set up a remote agent on a Windows box equipped with all Java tooling (so it can run Ant jobs for other projects too) and .NET compilers. The remote agent is up and running. Following is the list of capabilities, auto-detected by Bamboo

Key     Value     Operations

system.os     Windows     View | Edit | Delete

Add Executable

Executable

'executable' capabilities define the executables which are available to your build plans.

Executable label

A label to uniquely identify this executable     Path

Please enter the path to your executable     Operations

Ant (Ant)     C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Ant     View | Edit | Delete

MSBuild v14.0 (32bit) (MSBuild)     C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\bin\MSBuild.exe     View | Edit | Delete

MSBuild v14.0 (64bit) (MSBuild)     C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\bin\amd64\MSBuild.exe     View | Edit | Delete

MSBuild v2.0 (32bit) (MSBuild)     C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\MSBuild.exe     View | Edit | Delete

MSBuild v2.0 (64bit) (MSBuild)     C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\MSBuild.exe     View | Edit | Delete

MSBuild v3.5 (32bit) (MSBuild)     C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\MSBuild.exe     View | Edit | Delete

MSBuild v3.5 (64bit) (MSBuild)     C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v3.5\MSBuild.exe     View | Edit | Delete

MSBuild v4.0 (32bit) (MSBuild)     C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe     View | Edit | Delete

MSBuild v4.0 (64bit) (MSBuild)     C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe     View | Edit | Delete

Node.js (Node.js)     C:\Program Files\nodejs\node.exe     View | Edit | Delete

system.builder.MSBuild     C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe     View | Edit | Delete

Add JDK

JDK

'JDK' capabilities define the JDKs which are available to your build plans.

JDK label     Java home     Operations

JDK     C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_66     View | Edit | Delete

JDK 1.7     C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_65     View | Edit | Delete

JDK 1.8     C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_66     View | Edit | Delete

JDK 1.8.0_66     C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_66     View | Edit | Delete

Add Git

Git

The path to the Git executable (e.g. 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Git\git.exe' or '/usr/local/git/bin/git')

Executable     Path     Operations

Git     C:\Program Files\Git\cmd\git.exe     View | Edit | Delete

Edit

Shared capabilities

The following 'shared' capabilities are inherited by this agent. Note that the value of a shared capability is overridden by the value of an agent-specific capability with the same key/label (if one exists).

No shared capabilities.

Ok, so MSBuild is there. I then created a simple job with a single MSBuild task, but then I end up in "No agents meet this job's requirements".

Interesting to say that I tried to manually add a "Windows" capability (system.os equals Windows)  to the job and still get the same result. I can still see the agent is alive.

Question is:

How do I remotely build a .NET project on a Bamboo instance which is installed on a Linux box?

1 answer

0 votes
Antonio Anzivino February 22, 2016

Forgot to mention: the build job requires "MSBuild v4.0 (32bit)" which is listed in the above capabilities

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events