"Failed to read required data from JIRA Response." while using the new & fancy "Create Issue for Build" Feature

Maximilian Friedmann July 4, 2012

Hi there,

we are using Bamboo 4.1 together with Jira 4.1.1 (don't ask why pls).

The Application Link seems to work via Basic Auth, unfortunately not the "Create Issue for Build" functionality. Neither Jira nor the Bamboo log are providing any information, why it does not work.

In the bamboo server log I see an entry like "http://localhost:8085/ajax/editCreateNewJiraIssue.action?returnUrl=%2Fchain%2Fresult%2FviewChainResult.action%3FplanKey%3DBLAAABLAAAA- LAAABLA%26buildNumber%3D87&planResultKey= BLAAABLAAAA - LAAABLA-87&bamboo.successReturnMode=json&decorat" which is called in my local browser. But the address is obviously not accessible from my client... Could that be the reason?

Our bamboo runs on localhost:8085 of course, but there's an apache in front of that proxy redirects all traffic to localhost:8085...

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2012

Sorry, I got sidetracked with the Base URL stuff and did not answer your question. Bamboo uses JIRA's REST API to create issues. Although your JIRA version does have a basic REST API, it's missing issue creation functionality. In other words, you need at least JIRA 5 for this feature to work.

Maximilian Friedmann July 5, 2012

you need at least JIRA 5 for this feature to work.

Jap, thats what I thought too :(

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 4, 2012

What's the Base URL in Bamboo?

Which, for example, is also not used in the "Application Links" Section. There you always have to right-click, copy the iframe URL which contains localhost:8085 to your browser, replace it with the base url and hit go :)

The external one...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events