"Could not obtain issue details from JIRA" message appears

We have configured application link between our JIRA system (6.1-OD-04-1 version) and Bamboo (4.4.8-od1 version) so associated JIRA issues are displayed in the build details. Mos of the time, this funcionality works fine. But sometimes, the "Could not obtain issue details from JIRA" message appears in the Summary column (last time it happend on 5th August). The link to issue in Key column is correct. We didn't change anything in our JIRA or Bamboo configuration in the meantime.

Do you ever notice such a problem? How to eliminate this?

Regards,

Dominika

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Jason Worley Atlassian Team Aug 07, 2013

The exact cause is difficult to determine - but in general, its a timeout problem (after 10 seconds) between the two applications.

When this happens, check the performance/availabily of the application that isn't responding. In most cases, refreshing works. If the issue persists, I recommend looking into network latency.

These questions may help narrow down the problem:

1. Is page load slowness intermittent or continuous?
  2. If intermittent, is there a pattern to the when slowness is experienced?
  3. All OnDemand users or a subset?
  4. Single location or multiple?
  5. Are particular pages noticeably slower? Which ones?
  6. Is is just OnDemand pages or other sites?

The output of a TCP (not IGMP) trace-route from your computer to your OnDemand instance.

• Windows: (Skip this step if on Windows.)
  • OS X: Install <tt>tcptraceroute</tt> (e.g. through Homebrew, MacPorts, etc.) and run:
  • $ sudo tcptraceroute -l 2800 example.atlassian.net
  • Linux: Run:
    $ sudo traceroute -T example.atlassian.net 2800

Hope this helps!

Jason,

I'm not sure if we understand each other ;)

Sometimes during our Bamboo builds JIRA issues are not linked and those links are never corrected - each user who checks Issues tab, gets "Could not obtain issue details from JIRA" message (JIRA and Bamboo pages are working as usual).

If really timeout occured during the build, shouldn't Bamboo update links to JIRA issues later?

Regards, Dominika

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published 8 hours ago in Marketplace Apps

The 7 hacks of highly successful automation

...there's anything I've learnt from working, it's that people are lazy! No offense to anyone reading this, but it's true and we can all admit it. The easier you make something for someone, the more...

43 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you