Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

notification agent status

Jafaruddin Lie June 20, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Monitoring agent status

Hi all

I was wondering if there's a way to be alerted when a remote Bamboo agent goes down?

I know we can monitor the agents, but I was wondering if there's a way to send out automated notification?

3 answers

0 votes
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2016
0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2016

This functionality is not yet supported by Bamboo itself (but see below), please watch and vote for the following issue to further guide Atlassian's priority for addressing this notable limitation:

That being said, the Agent Utilities - Basic add-on used to provide this functionality. Unfortunately it is not maintained anymore and only marked as compatible up to the long outdated Bamboo release 4.4.8. The source code is available though, and the underlying Bamboo notification plugin functionality is documented, so it should be a comparatively straight forward task to either pick it up and adjust it to work with Bamboo 5.x (if at all required), or just build a new add-on from scratch that provides those notifications.

0 votes
Mark de Bont
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2016

Good point, better to be proactively informed then checking why jobs are queuing or are waiting for completion

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events