Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help to understand what is an artifact (bamboo)

Jerome Martin March 18, 2014

Hello

All is in the title. I need help because i'm not sure to understand very well what is an artifact. I would like understand the link with the release. I try to explorer the possibilities about deployment with bamboo.

Does someone could explain me that ?

Thanks by advance.

jerome

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jason Monsorno
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2014

The artifact is what you want stored in Bamboo as the results of the run. Bamboo using different working directories for each piece of the workflow so they are also used to transistion files from one are to the next. It can be used inside of Bamboo or taken out as your workflow desires.

A quick example would be checking out the source code, building it, and storing just the binaries(build results) as the artifact. Artifacts retain with each build and deployment unless they are deleted(there are some retention options you can set inside of Bamboo), they can stack up quite quick as well and fill up a disk fast if you're not careful.

Jerome Martin March 20, 2014

Thank you Jason for your answer and thank you for the advice, i'll be care with that too.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events