Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

monitoring bamboo status

Fauzi Gomez December 8, 2014

Hi,

Is there any way to monitor bamboo like stash or jira, ex:

Stash

wget -t 1 --connect-timeout=1 --read-timeout=3 -q -O - stash.server.ext:7990/status

JIRA

wget -t 1 --connect-timeout=1 --read-timeout=3 -q -O - jira.server.ext:8080/status

Thanks

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2014

You need to enforce JSON format for the resource that @Marcin Oles mentioned. Try this call:

curl -H "Accept: application/json" $BAMBOO_URL/rest/api/latest/server

Swift Capital April 11, 2016

This is giving us a 401 error because of not being authenticated. (we have anonymous access disabled)

Is there a way to get Bamboo status without being authenticated and anonymous access disabled?

401.PNG

Thales Atlassian Admin Group May 25, 2016

You can use Oauth authentication (see Oauth examples).

1 vote
Marcin Oles
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2014

Hi @Fauzi Gomez,

this REST resource might be what you're looking for: <bamboo>/rest/api/latest/server

You can use it in your scripts, eg. with wget.

Regards,
Marcin 

0 votes
Fauzi Gomez December 9, 2014

Raj Adluru July 22, 2016

@Marcin Oleś, Krystian Brazulewicz [Atlassian] how to get status of Bamboo and Crowd, like we get for JIRA and confluence - <url>/status ? if it is not there, can  you please add a enhancement request or let us know any workaround for this.

we need this, we use to show status of all our Atlassian apps.

Thanks for your help.

Marcin Oles
Atlassian Team
July 25, 2016

Hi Raj,

regarding Bamboo - the way of doing so would be to use the URL we mentioned earlier:

$BAMBOO_URL/rest/api/latest/server

alternatively, you may use

$BAMBOO_URL/rest/api/latest/info

To get the response in JSON format, use the command that @Krystian Brazulewicz suggested:

curl -H "Accept: application/json" &lt;url&gt;

You can then parse the response and retrieve server's state.

Regards,
Marcin 

Raj Adluru July 26, 2016

Marcin Oleś [Atlassian], Thank you, yes i can get status info from that url.

but we need to login to bamboo to get this, for JIRA and Confluence, we get status without login!!

Do we have similar thing for Crowd?

Marcin Oles
Atlassian Team
July 28, 2016

Hi Raj,

unfortunately there isn't a feature like this in Bamboo yet. You may create a feature request under https://jira.atlassian.com/projects/BAM. I don't know about Crowd.

Regards,
Marcin

James Brown October 9, 2019

Hi Marcin,

Is there a rest call yet to get server version, OS, Database Version, Java Version, etc.?

0 votes
Fauzi Gomez December 9, 2014

Hi @Marcin Oles

Thanks for the reply,

I just get a 500 Internal Server Error

My bamboo info:

Version: 5.6.2
Build: 4411
Build Date: 03 Sep 2014

for the purpose of checking if something is running on port 8085 is OK, but it is not really very useful, Any other suggestion? 

0 votes
Fauzi Gomez December 8, 2014

Hi Himanshu,

Actually I have $BAMBOO_HOME located in a storage attached physically to two servers through SAS cables, the whole idea is to set BAMBOO in a HA environment using the STASH documentations as base.

That way I would be able to add a script to manage the service in pacemaker  as an ocf:heartbeat resource.

Thanks

0 votes
Himanshu Chhetri December 8, 2014

Hi @Fauzi Gomez,

Are you using any monitoring tool like Nagios to monitor overall server resources and want to add a check to monitor overall uptime? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events