maven 3.1 executable not available in bamboo 5.5.1?

MarianoG June 3, 2015

Hi there.

Need to add or enable Maven 3.1 within my Bamboo 5.5.1 installation as my task requires it:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.github.eirslett:frontend-maven-plugin:0.0.23:install-node-and-npm (install node and npm) on project: The plugin com.github.eirslett:frontend-maven-plugin:0.0.23 requires Maven version 3.1.0

Is that possible? Thanks!

3 answers

1 vote
ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 3, 2015

Hi Mariano

I think what you're after is to define/add a new server capability pointing to Maven so the agent will be ready to run the task. Have a look at the doc below:

Best,
Thiago

ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 4, 2015

Hi Mariano: You need to install Maven 3.1.1 on the system where the agent is running and then add it as a remote capability. To install this version of Maven: http://maven.apache.org/docs/3.1.1/release-notes.html

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
June 5, 2015

Hello Mariano,

Thank you for your question.

First of all, you need to determine where the build will be running on, if Bamboo server or Bamboo remote agent. Once you determine that, please go to the Bamboo box where the build will be running on and download and install the Maven you require.

Lets say your build requires Maven v3.3.3, latest version available, at present:

# download Maven v3.3.3
wget ftp://mirror.reverse.net/pub/apache/maven/maven-3/3.3.3/binaries/apache-maven-3.3.3-bin.tar.gz

# extract Maven v3.3.3
tar -zxvf apache-maven-3.3.3-bin.tar.gz

Now, go to Bamboo and add the Maven above as a capability to the agent will be running your build:

• if Bamboo server, please add the capability under (Bamboo administration >> Build resources >> Server capabilities)
  • if Bamboo remote agent, please add the capability under (Bamboo administration >> Build resources >> Agents >> <your agent> >> Capabilities) tab

Please, add the capability as per following:

bamboo.maven.capability.png

Please, notice in Path I have provided the location where apache-maven-3.3.3-bin.tar.gz has been extracted, in this case under (/opt/maven).

Now, go to your Plan configuration and add a Maven 3.x task where you will be able to select from the Executable drop-n-down menu the just added Maven (Maven 3.3.3) executable.

If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

0 votes
MarianoG June 4, 2015

Thanks Thiago.

I followed that documentation and the available Maven executables are 1.x 2.x and 3.x. I'd need 3.1 or higher.

So, how can I make 3.1 available?

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events