Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

manully deleted files Bamboo server Service Unavailable

ldap service November 7, 2014

We were running out of space so I manually deleted files in the Bamboo directory and now Bamboo starts but when you go to the website http://bamboo:8085 you get Service Unavailable ?? The service is running in the Windows box. How do I get it to come back so we can build again??

MH

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pawel Skierczynski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2014

So either you have removed some Bamboo application files in which case you need to reinstall it.

Or you have removed Bamboo data files - if you don't need old one it's easy enough to stop Bamboo and change it's home directory to something new.

This should help you understand what is where: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Locating+important+directories+and+files

bamboo.cfg.xml will tell you what db is used (most probably embedded H2)

to change home directory look at 

atlassian-bamboo/WEB-INF/classes/bamboo-init.properties
0 votes
ldap service November 10, 2014

Pawel,

Thanks so much for your help in this matter, you answer was able to get me back online and I give you my thanks!!!

MH

0 votes

I just need it back up is there a way to direct it to a new location so I can start clean??

MH

0 votes

yeah well I know that now..., I am not that knowledgeable about this the person that was running it left the company and I am trying to take over and the developers were building last night and failing for lack of space so I went in and deleted some files it was very late and not sure where I deleted from did not think it was going to cause this. Not sure what DB how do I find this out?

MH

0 votes
Pawel Skierczynski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2014

Wow, try to avoid that in the future...

Do you know what directory/files exactly was deleted? Was it int bamboo data directory or some bamboo libraries?

Log file could also reveal more about the reason.

What database are you using? H2?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events