Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to run bash script with args (builder created)

nikita tovstoles February 21, 2012

In one task, I need to execute a BASH script like so:

workingDir> ./deploy-webapp.sh -p staging

I:

1. created an "Executable" pointing to /bin/bash
  2. created a 'command' task, using above executable
  3. specified "./deploy-webapp.sh -p staging" as Argument
  4. set working dir to $workingDir

yet running the build I get:

... running command line:
/bin/bash
deploy-webapp.sh -p staging
... in: /opt/clabs/bamboo-home/xml-data/build-dir/ECR-CLP774-JOB1/deploy
... using extra environment variables:
TMP=/tmp
TEMP=/tmp
21-Feb-2012 20:13:10 /bin/bash: deploy-webapp.sh -p staging: No such file or directory

trimming Argument field to just "./deploy-webapp.sh" works, but I do need to pass that option. What am I missing?

I am using 3.4.3 build 2811

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2012

I just tried the same thing here and it worked. Could you screenshot your Command Task configuration and repost it here for me to take a look?

0 votes
Sam Kenny February 3, 2017

I could never get this work. I am running Bamboo 5.12.3.1.

Using the example above:

. deploy-webapp.sh -p staging

staging was ignored. If I created an environment variable (e.g. STAGE_NAME=staging) and referenced $STAGE_NAME in the script it worked fine. But I could never get staging to be passed in. I tried passing it using the arguments field - both with and without quotes - but still no joy.

In the end I wrapped the commands I was calling in a python script and it worked as expected. i.e.

python deploy-webapp.py -p staging

0 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2012

Just to answer this, I think Bamboo's description field for arguments is confusing.

If you are passing args to bash etc.. and they are separate arguments then you DONT need to enclose them in quotes in the textfield. At least that is what I have found

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events