Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to pass parameters to bamboo plan through rest client like postman

pushkar patil December 15, 2015

I want to send multiple parameters to build a plan in bamboo through rest client like POSTMAN but not via query parameter 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 16, 2015

Hello Pushkar,

Thank you for your inquire.

Please, find below how to trigger a build (with overwrite variable or creating variable) using POSTMAN:

postman.authorization.png

postman.headers.png

Overwrite variable "bamboo.myVar"

postman.body.png

In PROJ-PLAN under "Plan configuration >> Variables", there is the following variable defined:

bamboo.variable.png

When running POSTMAN, the variable's value will be overwritten to "POSTMAN"

command	16-Dec-2015 12:50:02	Substituting variable: ${bamboo.myVar} with POSTMAN

Create variable "bamboo.variable.createdVar"

postman.body.createVar.png

When running POSTMAN, the variable "createdVar" will be created.

command	16-Dec-2015 13:08:02	Substituting variable: ${bamboo.createdVar} with POSTMAN

If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

pushkar patil December 16, 2015

Thank you so much Raefel that worked for me, but I did bamboo.variable.variable_name then it worked with bamboo.variable_name it was creating a new metadata.And I will really appreciate if you can send me simple json i.e. without body type as X-www-form-urlencoded

Bruno Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 29, 2015

Pushkar, I'll outline the steps you need to take to send the POST request using JSON instead of X-www-form-urlencoded below. Following the same steps that Rafael already mentioned, you just have to make a few modifications: 1. In the second screenshot, in the "Headers" tab. Add the following Header: Content-Type and the following Value: application/json. 2. In the third screenshot, in the "Body" tab. Select the raw option and from the drop-down button select JSON (application/json). 3. Inside the script body, use the following code to override an existing variable: { "bamboo.myVar":["POSTMAN"] } OR use the following to add/create a new variable: { "bamboo.variable.createdVar":["POSTMAN"] } Hope this helps.

pushkar patil December 30, 2015

Thanks a lot Bruno , that's what i required

Pushkar Patil January 5, 2016

hey Bruno it worked for me but can you please tell me why it is in [] I mean is it a multi -value stuff

rsperafico
Atlassian Team
January 6, 2016

Hello Pushkar, It has been implemented (source-code) that way.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events