Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i copy a job from Prod to Test without having to recreate manually ?

Hector Magnanao March 8, 2018

I want to copy a Bamboo job from Prod to Test.  Can I export/import individual jobs in Bamboo ?

1 answer

0 votes
Elias Zeidan (they/them)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 8, 2018

Hey Hector,

Thank you for reaching out to the Atlassian Community!

Unfortunately, there are no builtin options to only export a specific job. However, if you're running Bamboo 6.1.0 or above, you can export the Prod Build to Bamboo Specs, and then import as much of it as you want to your Test instance.

If you don't want the whole Plan to be imported, you will likely need to edit the Java Specs code so that it only imports what you want.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Elias | Bamboo Support

Hector Magnanao March 9, 2018

Hey Elias,

Thanks for the quick response.   We are currently on Bamboo 5.15.5.  So this is not possible ?

Hector Magnanao March 9, 2018

Is there going to be an upgrade in the future where export/import of individual jobs will be much easier than having to edit the Java Spec ?  This should definitely be a requirement since we don't always want to import all the jobs.

Elias Zeidan (they/them)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2018

Hi Hector!

Thanks for your reply. That is correct, the feature is not available in version 5.15.5. 

In the original request for the feature (BAM-1223 - Import Export individual projects / plans) the Bamboo developers had mentioned that:

The preferred way to get that functionality is to use Bamboo Specs.

Since it looks like this is the direction we're going in, I have created the following Feature Request for this functionality:

[BAM-19746] Export individual Job to Bamboo Specs

I encourage you to vote and comment on that Feature Request, since those are counted when determining priority of features to add. For more information on this, please see our New Features Policy.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Cheers,

Elias| Bamboo Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events